Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Restaurant Juliette - Miami, Florida (Surfside)

After much anticipation, Restaurant Juliette - the famed Parisian establishment - finally opened in January, 2005.

Juliette
9472 Harding Ave.
Surfside FL 33154
305-865-1595


Nice, modern, sparse decor - think a dark Cine Citta.

Expensive! I don't think that there were any entrees under $30; perhaps the chicken. (Dinner for two was $176 (service compris), w/only one glass of wine and one bottle of water.)

I started with the Roasted Vegetable Millefeuille which was very good, but if I recall correctly...$20!

Then the Pepper Steak - Medium. It didn't compare to Le Marais' - a bit tough and not as flavorful, and was served Medium-Rare, but as I like it any way... It was covered with an artichoke puree - not sure why. The accompanying fries were very good. No greens as at Le Marais.

The house Cabernet was very nice, as was the bottled Norwegian water.

I split the chocolate cake w/fondant center; neither bad nor memorable, certainly no where near what Baraka used to serve.

Table cloth had a rip and my original water glass was a bit smudged - this one week after opening...


There is a less expensive sushi menu that I'm told is decent.

So, all in all, not a bad experience, but I'll stick to Le Marais; too bad that it's in N.Y..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home